Road Rash Tour Story Bumblefoot

About 8 years ago, there was a Guns N Roses fan whose 9-year-old daughter was attending a local music school.  She was one of the youngest students there and was being given a hard time by older students.  Not ok.  So, while the band was rehearsing I had her come join and get on stage and sing lead for one of the songs with the band, filmed it and put it on YouTube (she did GREAT, just wish the vocals could be heard better in the video taken from on the stage!)  How many 9-year-olds ever got to sing with GNR?  Just one.  After that, guess who the coolest student at her music school was?  HER.  She’s growing up to be an amazing person with so many talents and a big heart. 🙂  *Always support the journey of our young ones, let ‘em know we got their backs. ?

Road Rash Tour Story: Keith Wampler

Earlier this year, only two weeks into our album release tour for “Monument Of Misery”, we had been doing well financially. The turn outs from the shows had been great and we had just finished up a killer show at Rockhouse Bar & Grill in El Paso, TX. We were heading to Austin, TX for the next show the following day. Early in the morning most of the band woke up to the bus pulling over to the side of the road and our driver yelling “Fuck” over and over again. We get out of the bus to see about 200 yards worth of oil all over the road that had come from our bus and oil and water were just dumping from the engine. We were just outside of Ozona, TX also known as the middle of nowhere still 4 hours from Austin with a blown engine. I called Skylar of Reign who we were on tour with since he was the promoter for that night’s show to let him know what had happened and that we were more than likely not gonna make it. He told me they weren’t far behind us and they showed up about 20 minutes later to help. We ended up all cramming into Reign’s van and leaving our drummer Charles with the bus, we dropped Ron and Katie off at a Uhaul Store to rent a box truck and the rest of us rode with Reign all the way to Austin and waited at the venue. Charles, Ron, and Katie loaded everything from the bus (personal items, gear, merch, etc.) into the back of the box truck and drove to Austin to meet us at the club where we had to unload right away to get set up before doors opened. The bus, our home for the past several years had to be abandoned on the side of the road since there was nowhere within 70 miles to even scrap it. After playing Come and Take It Live in Austin that night we all crammed into the back of the box truck and rode with the gear to a nearby hotel where we stayed for the night. Katie had spoken with a dealership the day before about selling us a van first thing the next morning because we had to make it for an early load in at Purge Fest in Houston, TX the following day. Skylar had agreed to rent us his spare trailer to use for the remainder of the tour. Katie and I took an uber to the dealership in the morning and the box truck dropped off a few more of the guys there with us and left to get to Houston on time for the festival load in. After waiting 5 hours at this dealership doing all the paperwork and even putting down a deposit the van breaks down in the parking lot and they tell us it’s unsafe for them to sell it in this condition and in addition they wouldn’t be able to refund our deposit for 5 business days. We flipped out screaming inside the dealership at the salesman, manager, and owner and after scaring everyone in the building we got our refund as well as a ride to the Austin airport to rent a car and drive 100mph all the way to Houston showing up just in time to paint up and go on stage. Another killer show and we drove both vehicles to Dallas for our next show. After the show in Dallas we got a hotel again and our show the following day in New Orleans was cancelled due to flooding which bought us a little time to figure this out. We end up finding and buying a van in Dallas which had to be driven to Austin to pick up the rental trailer. Had to return the box truck to Austin because if it was returned in Dallas, they were going to charge an extra $600 fee, and the rental car had to be returned to the Austin airport. Once all of that was done, everything was loaded in the van and trailer and we hit the road. It was too late to make it to our next show in Knoxville, TN so we basically ended up having to make a drive from Austin, TX straight to Youngstown, OH to meet back up with our own tour. We were able to finish the remaining 36 dates of the “Monument Of Misery” tour successfully and in the end it all worked out somehow. That was just proof of where there’s a will there’s a way and no matter how shitty things look there is a way to make them better and continue. – Keith Wampler (The Convalescence – Vocals)

Road Rash Tour Story by Noah “Shark” Robertson

Road Rash Tour Story by Noah “Shark” Robertson

In 2012 I was performing with The Browning. We found ourselves in Germany playing the Full Force Festival with Lamb of God, Machine Head, Suicide Silence, and more. There were tens of thousands of people in attendance. It was near the end of the night and Heaven Shall Burn had just put on a heart stopping show.

Fireworks were lighting up the sky and we were about to take the stage. I peeked out from behind the stage and couldn’t believe the massive crowd waiting for us. I felt like I could faint. I walked onto the stage and stood behind the drums. I raised a single stick in the air, the lights came on, and the roar of the crowd was deafening.

We began our show and it was one of the most intense moments I have ever experienced. A thunderstorm came out of nowhere and began raining down on the festival. There were several massive pits happening at once. Lightning began striking all over the place. I couldn’t believe it. Now THAT’S heavy metal! It’s something I will never forget as long as I live.

– Noah “Shark” Robertson (Jeffrey Nothing, ex-Motograter, ex-The Browning)